Basics in DRIP IRRIGATION
1 Half Day
Share This Class:
This course is intended to provide participants with basic concepts of drip irrigation, to familiarise the participants with the components of a drip irrigation system and their functions, and to provide an understanding of the basic operational and maintenance issues regarding this system.
Who is the course for?
Suited to participants interested in/already working in the irrigation industry who want to increase their knowledge on drip irrigation.
A better future starts here
- Origins and concept of Drip Irrigation
- How efficient is Drip vs Other methods?
- Structure of a Drip System
- Clogging factors
- Data Gathering
- Understanding velocities
- Uniformity – Flow Variation (FV) vs Emission Uniformity (EU)
- Pressure Compensated vs Non Pressure Compensated
- Soil types & emitter spacings
- Layout of laterals
- Fittings – Risers & Takeoffs
- System Flushing
- Chemical Treatment – Organic & Inorganic residues
- Surface vs Subsurface (SDI)
- Landscape – Commercial & Domestic
- Treated Wastewater
- Horticulture, Viticulture
- Greenhouse & Nursery (Protected Cropping)
How to Study & Courses
Require assistance? Contact Irrigation Australia on 07 3517 4000
PRESENTER - JUSTIN WISE OF NETAFIM
Justin started in the irrigation industry in 2000 and worked as an irrigation dealer for 7 years. From there he moved to Netafim in 2008 – predominately in a position focusing on the Landscape /Reuse market mainly in the Metropolitan area of Victoria.
Around 2011 Justin’s position changed to incorporate the agricultural market overseeing the areas from Warrnambool to Gippsland. Justin has been working in this role for the last 10 years, which has incorporated working with dealers and end users to better understand and fully utilise and gain benefits from using drip – also covering best practice for design, installation and running of the systems.