Irrigation Australia © 2020 All rights reserved
Irrigation Australia Certification
Certification prepares and equips Irrigation Professionals with expertise and key competencies. Certification improves your marketability, your employability, and your earning potential.
learning from experience
Certified Irrigation Designer
Certified Irrigation Designers have the technical expertise and an up-to-date understanding of the latest water management practices to design, install, manage and maintain a wide variety of irrigation systems. Learn more >>
Certified Meter Installer & Validator
An industry professional who can install and validate rural water meters according to the Australian Standards and as laid out in the National Framework for Non-Urban Water Metering Policy Paper. Learn more >>
Building on your Knowledge
Certified Irrigation Professionals
Certified Irrigation Agronomist
Certified Irrigation Agronimist have the technical expertise to provide advice to end-users on system types, purchase and use. As well as troubleshoot, evaluate audit irrigation systems. Learn more >>
Certified Irrigation Operator
Certified Irrigation Operator have the technical expertise and an up-to-date understanding of the operation of an irrigation system and the effieicnet and sustainable use of irrigation water.
Learn more >>
Certified Irrigation Contractor
Certified Irrigation Contractor manage the installation process of irrigation systems post design and have responsibility for how irrigation systems are installed and maintained. Learn more >>
Certified Irrigation Manager
Certified Irrigation Manager have the technical expertise and an up-to-date understanding on implementing best practice in irrigation and water use and can recognise and minimise the environmental impacts of irrigation
Learn more >>
Certified Irrigation Retailer
Certified Irrigation Retailer have the technical expertise and an up-to-date understanding of irrigation hydraulics, pumps and components to understand and meet the needs of their customers in irrigation retail business.
Learn more >>
How to Apply & Ongoing Commitment
To prove these competencies you have to get a Statement of Attainment for each of your nominated competencies from a relevant Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Irrigation Australia operates its own RTO (RTO 91313) – Irrigation Training Australia.
Competencies maybe gained through
- Face‐to‐face: course work is usually conducted in a classroom situation
- RPL – recognition of prior learning: both formal and informal learning is assessed toward a qualification.
- Complete the online application form including your work history (available on each certification page)
- Attach Statements of Attainment or academic transcripts covering the relevant competencies that you have already achieved (Do not send your originals. Send “sighted” copies which have been verified by a JP as an accurate copy of the original).
- If you have no academic records you can apply for RPL (recognised prior learning) based on your work experience (at an additional cost), simply indicate this on the application form for a team member to work through this process with you
- Pay the relevant fee on submission of the application form online